Why choose us?
We’re proud at the Ark of the service we offer to owners and their pets. We like to think we are different and go the extra mile, offering a high level of expertise that ensures your pets are in safe hands. Here are some of the reasons why we would like you to choose us:
- We’re an independent partnership and offer a genuine, local service with a family feel, unlike corporate chains.
- We offer extended opening hours - from 8am Monday to Friday, 8.30am on Saturday and 9am on Sunday for added convenience for our clients. We are the only local independent partnership to open on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- We’re well established with well over 100 years’ experience between us. Business Partners Marcus and Peter have both been qualified as vets for 35 years apiece and have an extensive knowledge of pet ailments.
- We are proud of our high level of staff retention which is evidence that the Ark is a place people want to be. We ensure familiarity and continuity of service. Head veterinary nurse Sue Turner has been with us for nearly 20 years. Former head receptionist Kate Affolter has just retired after 20 years behind the desk but still helps out from time to time.
- Marcus has a keen interest in animal reproduction as both a vet and a breeder under the Kennel Club's Accredited Breeder Scheme.
- We have our own veterinary ambulance to collect and return pets, with or without owners. We have a FREE* home delivery service for medicines and food bought from the practice.
- We offer free puppy parties - what a great way to socialise your puppy and ensure he doesn't have any bad behaviour.
- We have an on-site dog grooming parlour, Dog Groomology – www.doggroomology.co.uk. Expect a warm welcome from Rebecca Wattam and her fantastic team. They offer a wide range of cosmetic grooming services fully integrated into the practice with a holistic approach to health promotion.
- We don't charge for filling out insurance forms. Some other practices charge £10-15 per claim, effectively adding this to your excess.
- Plus ease of parking - we have plenty of space with safe and speedy access for your pet to our front door!